1. Healthy whole food diet – eat organic, lots of green vegetables and small amounts of fruits & organic protein such as: eggs, meat and fish. Avoid: processed foods & stimulants, preservatives, alcohol, dairy, caffeine, spicy, greasy foods and sugar. Filter your water - I love the Berkey water filter. It is a gravity filter. Plastic water bottles pollute the planet and also leech into the water we drink causing damage to our endocrine system. Take probiotics - gut health is linked to your skin. Often digestive issues manifest as skin diseases such as acne and rosacea. Small amount of fermented foods such as kimchi or sauerkraut, kefir, natural yoghurt or probiotics. I use Microbz supplement. They have an entire range to support gut flora.
organic whole foods
filter your water
2. Regular exercise – get the blood moving. The right exercise for your type and constitution is important. Having a personal practise that you can do at home such as yoga or Qi Gong are ideal. My Bellicon rebounder helps me in record time - 10 minutes is equivalent of 30 minutes of exercise, it is low impact and great for the lymphatic system. I think that doing exercise is great if you are a worrier or over-thinker - it helps you get out of your head and into your body.
3. Meditation – studies show that meditation is proven to help with skin conditions like eczema and acne. Positivity, gratitude and smiles help you feel better, raise your vibration and make you more attractive. Youtube and the headspace app are great resources.
4. Relaxation – cutting out stress; perhaps you can identify an unnecessary trigger: watching too much news? Are there people who just aren't worth the drama? Do you love your life? “Above all else, be the heroine of your life, not the victim” Nora Ephron. Take action to make your life happier and more fulfilled. Don't be afraid to cut out what doesn't work for you. Log off social media and make sure you have set hours that your mobile phone won't disturb you (DND settings). Don't take your tech to bed and create a ritual to wind down before sleep.
5. Sunlight –take time out to be in nature. Screen time is on the increase post covid-19 and that blue light is ageing. Moderate your screen time and balance it with fresh air and sunshine. Don’t forget your sunscreen. Tropic has a reef friendly range.
6. Environmental factors – pollution, smoking and chemical exposure are ageing. Chemical cleaners in our homes increase the toxic load and attack our lungs. Microbial cleaners are better for our health as they create a biofilm that repels pathogens . By using a microbial cleaner like this one by Microbz we can save money, protect ourselves and be environmentally friendly.
7. Massage – my favourite is facial gua sha. Even 5 minutes a day can help improve lymphatic drainage and circulation. Don’t forget your neck!
8. Cooking – get rid of toxic cook wear such as aluminium pans; microwaving destroys the nutritional value of food. Don't deep fry foods and minimise the use of cling film. Use glass storage containers over plastic and rather than buying pre-washed and pre-cut veggies and fruit do this at home. This will preserve the life force of your goods. Plastics leech into our foods and water. Also use filtered water for cooking. Berkey water filter is a great investment in your health.
9. Skincare routine - use natural skincare products because preservatives in many products contribute to the toxic load in our bodies. Be especially careful of: SLS, parabens and aluminium in deodorants. If you want to check the toxicity level of products download the app think dirty. I am a Tropic ambassador they have wonderful natural, freshly made, vegan skincare products and deodorants click here to see my shop.
Here is just a quick list - do you have any other mentions? What here came as a surprise to you? Please let me know in the comments.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for some of the products I suggest here. I get a small percentage if you decide to buy. I only recommend products that I have tried and from companies who I would chose to support.
I would be grateful should you decide to share this post,
8 views0 comments